- Mums wake up with Facebook instead of coffeeJoint BabyCentre and comScore Social Mum Report reveals mums' social media habitsPublished: 17 June, 2013
BabyCentre, the #1 pregnancy and parenting destination worldwide, has launched the 2013 Social Mum Report in partnership with comScore. The report analyses how mums - who are more likely than the general population to use social media regularly - consume information and make purchasing decisions as a result of their activity on social platforms.
- A WHEELY FANTASTIC ACHIEVEMENT!HIPPYCHICK™ RAISES OVER £10,000 FOR MAKE-A-WISH, ITS CHARITY OF THE YEARPublished: 10 June, 2013
Hippychick has raised over £10,000 for its first ever official Charity of the Year –Make-A-Wish Foundation® UK. Make-A-Wish has been granting wishes to seriously ill children for over 25 years and has committed to granting over 1,100 magical wishes this year. Hippychick’s fundraising achievements will make a significant contribution to aid the charity in reaching that goal.
- Exciting line up of speakers for the BPA's AGM(for BPA members)Published: 20 May, 2013
The BPA is delighted to invite members to its Annual General Meeting on 26th June 2013 and has a great line up of speakers making this a truly not-to-be-missed event.
- BRITAX BOLSTERS EUROPEAN COMMERCIAL TEAMJeff Ward MBA appointed European Commercial DirectorPublished: 22 September, 2011
Britax have appointed Jeff Ward into a new role as European Commercial Director to oversee the sales, marketing and customer service functions across the region. He will be based at the European headquarters of Britax, located in Ulm, Germany.
- Tippitoes appoints Melvyn Wolf as Technical ManagerPublished: 03 May, 2013
Tippitoes are delighted to announce that highly respected Melvyn Wolff has joined us in the role of Technical Manager; he brings with him a wealth of knowledge gathered over many years working at the cutting edge of technological advance within the Nursery Industry. Most recently, of course, he was technical manager for nursery products at SGS United Kingdom one of the world’s largest testing organisations and this expertise will help us build on Tippitoes strong reputation for quality.
- NEW COURSE FOR DREAM TOYS 2013Published: 28 January, 2013
The Toy Retailers Association has kicked off the year by charting a new course for its prestigious Dream Toys media event, held every October, and designed to promote the industry at the beginning of the Christmas shopping season.
- UKTi funding secured for ColognePublished: 15 January, 2013
Once again, the Baby Products Association (BPA) is working with UK Trade & Investment (UKTi) to support British companies wishing to expand into worldwide markets and has been allocated nursery sector funding for Kind und Jugend, Cologne in 2013.
- Munchkin, Inc. Appoints Robert Mann To Managing Director, Europe, Middle East And Africa (Emea) MarketsSales and Marketing Expert Tapped to Lead Baby and Toddler Brand’s International Growth and Development InitiativesPublished: 04 January, 2013
Munchkin, Inc., leading designer and manufacturer of clever infant and toddler products and parent company of U.K-based Lindam Ltd., today announced that Robert Mann has joined as Managing Director – Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Mann brings more than two decades of sales, marketing and operations experience to his role, which is to help drive corporate growth and strengthen key relationships with retailers and distributors, while defining product lines.
- Win a FREE Motorola Monitor at www.babybrandsdirect.co.ukPublished: 10 December, 2012
Award winning wholesaler Baby Brands Direct has just launched a brand new competition on-line. All you have to do is log in, read a short article about Motorola and then answer 5 simple questions! Answer all 5 questions right and Baby Brands Direct will give you a voucher code which can be used at check out to receive a FREE Motorola Baby Monitor. The competition runs for 2 weeks and there is £1000 worth of stock up for grabs, but hurry as once the stock of FREE monitors has gone, it’s gone! All in all, there are some great deals to be had at Baby Brands Direct on many big name brands!
- Test Your Knowledge at www.babybrandsdirect.co.ukPublished: 04 December, 2012
Award winning wholesaler Baby Brands Direct has just launched a brand new Prize Draw on-line. Simply log in and answer 5 simple questions about Peter Rabbit and you will be entered into a prize draw where one lucky winner will win a box of Peter & Jemima bean rattles and a box of 6 potter chime balls worth £150. The free prize draw closes on the 16th December, and all the answers can be found on-line by simply reading the accompanying blog! All in all, there are some great deals to be had at Baby Brands Direct on many big name brands!
- SnoozeShade pairs up with Tamba to show its supportPublished: 30 November, 2012
SnoozeShade, the award-winning range of sun and sleep shades for prams and pushchairs, is giving Tamba (Twins and Multiple Births Association) a helping hand by donating £1 from every sale of its SnoozeShade Twin for side-by-side pushchairs.
- Cutting the red tape for wheeled goods regulationsPublished: 28 September, 2012
As a direct result of the Government’s Red Tape Challenge, the Baby Products Association (BPA) advises members that the Wheeled Child Conveyances (Safety) Regulation 1997 is amongst the latest collection of regulations to be revoked on 1st October 2012. Therefore, as of Monday this Regulation no longer has any effect. Please be advised that there is a recently revised safety standard; BS EN 1888:2012 Child Care articles. Wheeled child conveyances. Safety requirements and test methods.
- Clarion Events appoint Cybher to spearhead Social MediaPublished: 03 September, 2012
Clarion Events have appointed Cybher to create and drive social media for The Baby Show. Over the last few weeks they have been responsible for streamlining and fully integrating the existing social channels as well as launching the new daily Baby Show Blog and a collection of style inspiration boards on Pinterest.
- Azaria publishes its 2012 Family ReportPublished: 16 August, 2012
Azaria has launched its annual Family Report. This year, the family specialist PR agency looks in to ‘how the family communicates’ and has polled 1,000 parents to offer a true representation of the modern family in the UK.
- KLASS LAUNCH FOR UK'S BIGGEST MOTHERCAREPublished: 13 August, 2012
Myleene Klass the 34 year-old singer, pianist, children's fashion designer and mum of two has road-tested the biggest indoor buggy assault course to launch the largest Mothercare store in the UK.
- Clarion Events streamline Trade Show calendar to focus on market leading eventsPublished: 17 May, 2012
Following its launch two years ago, Clarion Events has confirmed The Baby Show for Trade will no longer be taking place at Olympia. Clarion Events has undertaken extensive research, market assessment and customer discussion over the last few months with both exhibitors and visitors and concluded that the event is no longer sustainable as it currently stands due to the growing industry focus on the European trade show in the autumn.
- Brother Max’s 2-Drinks Cooler Sports Bottle is a Broadcast HitPublished: 10 May, 2012
Brother Max’s latest product innovation – the 2-Drinks Cooler Sports Bottle - has already made its TV and radio debut and it only hit the shops last week.
- Haptic drops Taggies!Published: 22 March, 2012
One very familiar stand you won’t find at Harrogate this year is Haptic and Taggies. Eight years after launching Taggies to the UK and Irish markets exclusive importer and distributor Haptic has dropped the brand.
- Win Free Product for a Year from BabaSlings LtdPublished: 21 March, 2012
This year’s Harrogate is all about the independents for BabaSlings Ltd. As their only domestic trade show appearance in 2012, the company will be supporting the launch of theQube display unit and retailer initiative with a year’s free product for one lucky shop!
- Glamorous Dannii on what to buy for Mother’s DayPublished: 16 March, 2012
In April’s Glamour magazine, Dannii Minogue talks about style tips she learnt from her mother and here’s what Dannii had to say about Mother’s Day: “If you’re looking for a gift for a new mummy you can’t go past an Il Tutto baby bag. Il Tutto means ‘everything’ in Italian, and you can pack everything but the kitchen sink in the cleverly designed pockets. They’re like a mobile nursery, disguised as a designer handbag.”
- Sunshine Kids name changeDiono – new name, new visionPublished: 01 March, 2012
Entering its twelfth year as one of the most trusted names in car seats and accessories, Sunshine Kids Juvenile Products is proud to announce that effective March 8, 2012, it will be changing its name to Diono in the United Kingdom. The new name, website and packaging demonstrate Diono’s commitment to continued growth and accelerated international expansion.
- Celebrity gossip from ewan (dream sheep) HQ… Lily Allen is a fan!Published: 28 February, 2012
The brand behind the multi award-winning ‘ewan the dream sheep’, easidream, is delighted to have received the stamp of approval from a new and very special fan...Yummy mummy and singer-extraordinaire, Lily Allen!
- Jennie Falconer at UK launch of NunaPublished: 20 February, 2012
Jenni Falconer knew about the Nuna LEAF before it even launched in the UK as her brother had bought one from Europe last year. She has one for baby Ella and LOVED the adult LEAF and wants one for her and her husband!
- OiOi take distribution in-house with the launch of their brand new UK based businessPublished: 16 February, 2012
OiOi, the designer changing bag brand, are excited to announce that, through the launch of their UK based wholesale business, they are now able to offer retailers in the UK and Ireland their full range of gorgeous changing bags for mums and dads directly.
- KIDDICARE TO OPEN 10 FLAGSHIP STORES TO DRIVE MULTI-CHANNEL RETAILINGAgreement reached with Carphone Warehouse to acquire 10 former Best Buy StoresPublished: 26 January, 2012
Kiddicare.com, acquired by Morrisons in 2011, has today agreed to take over the leases of 10 former Best Buy stores from Carphone Warehouse.
- Press and celebrities gather to celebrate the UK launch of nuna®Published: 26 January, 2012
Nuna, the stylish and elite baby gear line that sold out within a week of being delivered to John Lewis looks set to be a major trend-setter this year. At its exclusive launch in the luxurious environs of Hotel Sofitel in London earlier today, celebrities and press were impressed by the apparent simplicity of the range, cleverly designed to lighten the load for new parents.
- 2012: THE NEW TOMY – RE-STRUCTUREDPublished: 01 December, 2011
TOMY is the number one toy company in Japan and by 2015 its aim is to be the largest toy company worldwide following the acquisition of RC2 earlier this year. This goal is totally achievable with the company’s core growth strategy in place to transform itself into a global giant by maximising its ability to deploy its global development capacity and capitalise on overall efficiencies.
- Baby Products Association warns against bling dummiesPublished: 12 December, 2011
Recent news reports highlight the sales of potentially dangerous ‘bling’ baby soothers and other baby products such as feeding bottles and the Baby Products Association (BPA) warns parents not to put their children at risk by purchasing such items, which are often sold on websites, independent shops and market stalls.
- Baby Brands Direct Exclusively Stocks LindamPublished: 21 November, 2011
Baby Brands Direct is delighted to announce they are now exclusively stocking the safety brand Lindam. A spokesperson for the company said ‘we were extremely keen to expand our range of nursery products to include a wider range of safety lines, so we were especially pleased to bring back to the independent market brand leader Lindam.’
- Tippitoes Boys Toilet Trainer now available in BootsPublished: 13 September, 2011
Tippitoes’ hugely successful Boys Toilet Trainer, a revolutionary aid designed to help with toilet training is now launching in Boots.
- OXO Tot hits the big screen with Sarah Jessica ParkerPublished: 13 September, 2011
OXO Tot is set to hit the big screen this month when it makes a special appearance in the latest American blockbuster “I Don’t Know How She Does It’, featuring Sarah Jessica Parker.
- The Gro Company launch New Grobag twin packsPublished: 05 September, 2011
The Gro Company - the UK’s leading baby sleep brand - has launched two new twin packs to its multi-award winning Grobag Baby Sleep Bag range. Available exclusively to independent nursery retailers, the two new twin packs are designed to meet consumer’s need to make their lives as easy as possible, whilst also providing excellent value. They also provide an excellent commercial opportunity for the retailer.
- Lollipop brand under new ownershipPublished: 09 August, 2011
The washable nappy and baby goods brand "Lollipop" is now under new ownership. Lollipop Baby Products is a new company, trading since May this year and are thrilled to have joined up every aspect of the supply chain of their products, from fabric manufacture through to end retail.
- Simon Harrow promoted to Chief Operating Officer at kiddicareFOLLOWING MORRISONS takeoverPublished: 18 July, 2011
Kiddicare.com, the UK’s largest online nursery retailer, is delighted to announce the appointment of Simon Harrow to Chief Operating Officer. The new role is designed to help the business deliver its objectives following the takeover by Morrisions in February this year.
- Lil Rinser appears on ‘This Morning’ in Guess the Gadget game!Published: 06 July, 2011
Phillip Schofield and Jenni Falconer had fun guessing the correct use of the Lil Rinser when it appeared recently on ITV1’s ‘This Morning’ daytime show.
- Daybreak visits Britax HQPublished: 01 July, 2011
ITV1’s flagship breakfast show, Daybreak, visited Britax Headquarters in Andover last week to film a live crash simulation for the programme.
- Beaba Exclusive to www.babybrandsdirect.co.ukPublished: 27 June, 2011
On-line wholesaler Baby Brands Direct is delighted to announce they have just signed an exclusive agreement to distribute the Beaba brand of baby products in the UK. This collection of truly practical, multifunctional, compact and stylish accessories has been inspired by mums and designed to make life just that little bit easier. This beautiful and popular brand includes a wide range of baby feeding essentials including bottles, teats, soothers, highchairs, booster seats, food preparation equipment and accessories, hygiene and bath time goods, change bags and safety equipment, rockers and also a range of sunglasses!
- Harrogate Nursery Fair online updatePublished: 27 June, 2011
Harrogate Nursery Fair has launched an eye-catching new website where both exhibitor and visitors can easily access news and information about the UK’s favourite nursery trade show.
- Strolling Ahead with a World-First…Published: 23 June, 2011
A new innovation from Smart-Trike sees an exciting world first…a tricycle that is stroller certified and available from six months. The unique Recliner Stroller 4 in 1 is the only trike to have passed the strictest bumping and shock absorption tests, supports from six months and cleverly transforms as the child grows. It offers parents 4 stages to support so that baby can learn to enjoy the great outdoors, ready to adapt as the baby grows to excitable toddler and wants to wheel around!
- Bushbaby appoints Tony Beck as agent for the Midlands, North & ScotlandPublished: 14 June, 2011
Bushbaby award winning baby carriers, clothing and accessories are now available direct to the nursery industry from Bushbaby. Tony Beck, will be joining them as an agent covering the Midlands, Northern England and Scotland.
- Breast Vest new and exclusive at www.babybrandsdirect.co.ukPublished: 14 June, 2011
Baby Brands Direct is delighted to announce that breastvest has appointed them as their exclusive wholesale distributor for their innovative breastfeeding product. breastvest is a revolutionary item of breastfeeding underwear which was created, designed, tested and approved by breastfeeding mums.
- PUSHCHAIR-AHOLICS HAVE A GARAGE FULLPublished: 10 June, 2011
Thousands of unused pushchairs are lurking in the nation’s homes and garages but parents still have their favourites and seem reluctant to dispose of them, a survey has found.
- Safety specialists Lindam and retail giant Argos to sponsor Child Safety Week 2011Published: 09 June, 2011
Argos and Lindam are proud to be supporting Child Safety Week 2011.
- Artsana UK appoints new MDMitch Levene joins ChiccoPublished: 31 May, 2011
Artsana UK is delighted to welcome Mitch Levene as the new MD of Chicco, replacing David Welsh.
- POSH TO PUSH A PINK BUZZPublished: 23 May, 2011
It's well documented that Victoria Beckham is going all out on the 'pink' for her baby girl, due in a few months' time. At her baby shower, the world saw just how 'pink' she'd gone with family and friends sending an array of pink gifts. Among the gifts Dorel was thrilled to see one friend had chosen to give Victoria a Quinny Buzz, in Pink and a pink Hoppop bath.
- David Welsh, UK MD of Chicco, to move onPublished: 06 May, 2011
David Welsh, The UK Managing Director of Chicco, has elected to move on after 20 years at the company.
- More funding for membersPublished: 14 April, 2011
The Baby Products Association (BPA) is delighted to announce that its request for additional grants from the Tradeshow Access Programme Support Scheme for Overseas Exhibitions (TAP) has been granted, allowing a further five members to receive support to exhibit at Kind und Jugend this year.
- Kiddicare.com Sale to Morrisons FinalisedPublished: 10 March, 2011
All conditions of the Kiddicare.com sale to Morrisons have been met, before the March 23rd deadline, and the sale has been fully completed.
- Kiddicare.com and Morrisons Announce Long Term Strategic Partnership to Drive Future GrowthScott Weavers-Wright to lead Morrisons’ non-food online businessPublished: 15 February, 2011
The partners of kiddicare.com, the award winning multi channel online retailer, are delighted to announce the sale of kiddicare.com to Wm Morrison Supermarkets plc (“Morrisons”) for a total consideration of £70 million, together with the rights to its highly regarded technology platform.
- KIDDICARE STRIKES GOLD AT MOTHER AND BABY AWARDSKiddicare wins three awards at London ceremonyPublished: 24 November, 2010
Kiddicare, the UK’s largest nursery retailer, has been voted top of the shops by parents at the prestigious annual Mother and Baby awards ceremony. Winning a triple accolade, Kiddicare was hailed the star of the night, taking home the awards for Best Nursery Retailer and Best Online Retailer, as voted for by Mother and Baby readers, and Best Nursery Product, tested by Mother and Baby’s team of mums.
- PEBBLE MEETS KLAY
- EN 71-3 is changing, will your toys comply?
- Haberman to launch new branded product collecti...
- Introducing the world’s first Chewy Dribble Bib...
- The Gro Company offers safer sleep solutions fo...
- 5 stars for Kiddy: child car seat receives 'Ver...
- Baby Cubes
- Indie Twin from Bumbleride
- Search for Rising Star
- naturalmat - Made by hand in Devon
The Credit Crunch – what should the industry be doing to help you?